VHE complete Wheatley Hall Road Plot R4
06 November 2020
VHE have completed works at yet another phase of the Wheatley Hall Road Development in Doncaster for Harworth Group.
The Plot R4 site comprises a parcel of disused land of 1.9 hectares historically utilised for commercial and industrial purposes including an automobile factory and works units on the wider site. Excavation works were carried out in order to process near surface made ground to construct a development platform for residential end use.
The works undertaken by VHE included:
- Hard standing removal to stockpile;
- Investigation in areas previously identified to contain elevated contaminants and areas of suspected contamination which were not accessible during original investigation works;
- Remediation of known and encountered contaminated soils;
- Excavation of Made Ground material across the site to remove below ground obstructions and generate suitable compacted fill for the development platform;
- Placement of unsuitable materials at depth within the proposed area of Public Open Space (POS);
- Placement of capping in the POS area.