VHE commence Part 2A Garden Remediation works in Anglesey
08 February 2019
In recent years VHE has been successful in helping local authorities to comply with Part 2A of the Environment Act 1990 and are experienced in working with existing householders when carrying out contaminated garden remediation works. Having delivered a nationwide portfolio of impressive work over the last ten years VHE are one of the UK’s leading Part 2A contractors.
Work on Part 2A sites can provide particular challenges as it frequently involves excavation around occupied residential properties. The sensitive approach to all stakeholders on these projects is fundamental to their success and this has been recognised by the Considerate Constructors scheme, with VHE receiving two national awards for former sites at Pontesbury and Royal Inch Crescent. VHE have also remediated eleven residential gardens in Wales at Codepoeth as featured on the BBC One Show.
It is this previous success that contributed to our recent contract win on behalf of a new VHE client, Isle of Anglesey County Council. The Part 2A remediation work consists of the remediation of 16 properties in Amlwch. Prior to residential housing the site was a former copper smelter and chemical works.
Works to be undertaken on Anglesey include:
- Clearance of garden areas and storage of garden furniture
- Excavation, segregation and disposal of contaminated soils
- Import and placement of clean aggregates, subsoil and topsoil
- Construction of new paths, patios and hardstandings for sheds and greenhouses
- Reinstatement of garden features to the required specification
- Turfing, seeding and planting
- Construction of driveways including footpath alteration works
Works commenced on site in January and are on schedule to conclude in April 2019.
Feel free to contact us on 01226 320150 to discuss your requirements or alternatively use our quick enquiry form.