VHE provide STEM opportunities to students
05 December 2018
Throughout 2018 VHE provided numerous opportunities to students to assist them with developing careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Welcoming a second year Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering student form Barnsley College on a two week placement which saw her gain first-hand experience of working on construction sites and knowledge of how a business operates.
- The appointment of Environmental Engineer, Sam Blakey, after previously undertaking a placement year with us.
- A one week work placement for a student who spent time with our accounts team, quantity surveyors, geo-environmental engineers and site teams.
- The appointment of Sophie Denton and Hamish Wilkins, both from the University of Leeds, who joined the VHE Technology department as Placement Geo-Environmental Engineers for a year.
- Attending careers fairs including The Natural and Built Environment Careers Fair at Sheffield Hallam University.
- Sponsoring the Oakwood High School Year 7 students’ entry in to the STEM Race for the Line competition.
- In April our Apprentice Surveying Engineer, Jack Appleyard, will complete his 18 month apprenticeship.
VHE will continue to offer opportunities to students throughout 2019. If you would like more information on our work experience placements take a look at our careers page or call 01226 320150.