UK’s Reliance on Environmental Remediation set to Increase with Government Plans
09 March 2018
With there being much more government emphasis on preserving the environment now than ever before, and with potential pollutants growing, the global Environmental Remediation market is set to increase at a high growth rate. In the UK, a 25 year Environment Plan has recently been published to address methods related to the circulation of ‘plastics’. Ultimately, the target is to remove the occurrence of avoidable plastic waste by the end of 2042. Other policies within the plan focus on companies taking responsibility with regards to the content and packaging of their products and making them simpler to recycle.
In addition to this it includes:
- Adding the 5p plastic bag tax to all retailers in England
- Suggesting ‘plastic-free aisles’ in supermarkets, where the food or produce is out and packaging is brought by customers
- Designating a £7 billion research and development fund in order to fund ‘plastics innovation’
- Investing £7 billion into a research and development programme to fund ground-breaking ‘plastics innovation’
- Re-directing aid to help developing nations reduce plastic use
- Assisting developing countries in the reduction of their plastic usage and to help reduce pollution overall
VHE are an industry leader when it comes to offering remediation services, as we provide a full land remediation service across multiple sectors, including housing, commercial, landfill, nuclear and radiological. To speak to us about our remediation services give us a call on 01226 320150 or alternatively use our quick enquiry form.
Photo Credit: Defra