VHE secure Gasholder Demolition project in Birkenhead
09 February 2018
For over 20 years, VHE have played an important part in the redevelopment of many of the gas network sites across the country through demolition and remediation projects. Since 2013, we have demolished gas holders across the UK including sites at Blackpool, Sheffield, Lostock Hall, Derby, Leicester and Warrington. The most recent project is located at Hind Street, Birkenhead.
The works at Birkenhead include;
- Desludging and Dismantling of Gasholder’s No 1 & 2
- Associated pipework, pits and ancillary buildings
- Post demolition earthworks associated with the cut to fill of the embankment around Gasholder No 2
- Removal of Gasholder No 2 wall
- Placement of imported 6F5 capping layer
For this site VHE have also employed the use of drone technology. In January photos of sludge removal in Gasholder 2, taking down of outer panels to Gasholder 1 and scaffold being erected around the back of Gasholder 1 were captured. This week photos and footage of the manual demolition phase next to the gas mains and earthworks filling the holder was captured. Photos and videos are courtesy of NES Roofing & Energy.
For more information on our demolition and remediation projects, contact VHE on 01226 320150 or use our web enquiry form.