AMCO Staff Visit Sighthill
25 April 2017
VHE Construction Director Gordon Wilson and Project Manager Gary Moore delivered a presentation on VHE generally and then on the works we are undertaking at Sighthill. This was followed by a walk over the site.
Activities that were on-going during the visit included;
- Materials management to suit the different chemical criteria for the different areas of the site
- Chemical Stabilisation of contaminated material
- Geotechnical Stabilisation of Galligu (historical waste product)
- Processing of mixed waste tip material utilising multiple methods, screening, picking, sorting and segregating including timber
- Selection, excavation and placing materials for reuse
- Screening and crushing
- Installation of sections of slurry wall constructed to 18m below ground to contain horizontal migration of contamination
- Installing a Geosynthetic Clay Liner GCL system
- Drilling and grouting of 28m deep mine drains
- Sewer and Utility diversion works
- Environmental monitoring
At the end of the day the AMCO staff, whom VHE share their Scotland office in Cumbernauld with, left with a greater understanding of the services VHE provide.
Also on that day VHE arranged for aerial photography of Sighthill. The photographs, taken from a fixed wing aircraft, capture the whole of the 50 hectare site.
If you are looking to work with one of the UK’s leading land remediation, earthworks and infrastructure contractors, contact VHE now on 01226 320150.